Thursday, September 16, 2010

The CW New Fall shows 2010

CW started their new line up this last week. After watching the premiers of the two new shows Nakita and Hellcats I find them to be promising. I'm glad that one of the networks is picking just a few of the most promising shows.

Hellcats;
Hellcats is for people who either like cheer leading, teenage girls, or competition. I'm not really in any of those categories yet the characters are well developed and the plot threads, there are many, seem like they will entice people for years. I call it an up.

Nakita;
Nakita is great, the writers and producers are good in not only how they put the writing and production together but knowing their audience expects a certain style. The audience wants to be thrilled and surprised, that's what a spy type drama is supposed to do and they provide that without too much techno-babble or complicated 'what in the world just happened' scenarios. There's a surprise in the premier, I don't want to spoil anything but it brings the audience in on a secret plot thread that should go on for years. The secret we're let in on brings us in the center circle, we feel part of a secret society and I, as an audience member love it. I see great potential and I'm going to watch and see if the writers can keep it up. Let's cross our fingers.

No comments: